Huami have officially launched the Amazfit Bip. This new watch is the perfect merger between smart bands and smart watches: it is a smart watch for sports. It has just been released in four different colors and four straps which you can replace with different ones if you want to buy others: it is very easy to remove them.
The Amazfit Bip is equipped with the IP68 standard which makes it fully waterproof. So you can use it under the rain or even when you swim because it can resist to 30m underwater. The watch has a color LCD display which shows info with a resolution of 176 x 176 pixels. It is a reflective panel which will allow you to save battery while it is in stand by, as it will still be able to show you what time is it. It has a heart rate sensor and a GPS + GLONASS module, as well as Bluetooth in the version 4.0, which can allow you to pair it with your phone.
The Amazfit Bip can also show notifications from the phone as every good smart watch. It has an accelerometer and a barometer sensor as well. Its battery has a capacity of just 190 mAh but it has an outstanding battery life. The watch can last 45 days of daily use if you set the brightness to 10 percent. It supports the monitoring for the following activities:
You can connect the watch to Android 4.4+ and iPhones 8+ phones.
- Weight: Body 18g, with Strap 32g
- Screen type: Transflective color display
- Screen material: 2.5D Corning gorilla glass 3rd generation + AF coating
- Screen Size: 1.28 inches
- Waterproof and Dustproof: IP68 Rating *2
- Strap: Length 11 + 8.5cm / width: 20mm
- Processor: Mediatek
- Sensors: PPG heart rate sensor, triaxial acceleration sensor, geomagnetic sensor, barometric pressure sensor
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS dual mode positioning
- Connection: Bluetooth 4.0 BLE
- Battery: 190mAh lithium polymer
- Charging time: 2.5 hours
- Battery Life: 45 Days (time display, motion monitoring, sleep monitoring) – GPS continuous track record: 22 hours (time display, motion monitoring, sleep monitoring) GPS continuous use: 22 hours *1
- Body material: Polycarbonate